[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Justice Department Security

I'm a journalism student at RMIT University in Melbourne and I would like
to know more about the implications of the break-in to the Justice
Department Web site on the weekend (17/8/96). (obscene pictures and
anti-censorship messages were allegedly scrawled over it and links to
unofficial sites put in)

Have any other sites ever been affected in this way, and what is stopping
hackers from causing mayhem on any similar sites?

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who knows but please keep it
simple as I am not familiar with technical computing jargon!

Thanks,
Merran